Sunday, January 7, 2007

What you need to know to become an ID dressmaker

Several dressmakers have created a guide or "How to" resource to share their insights in ID dressmaking with others. These guides are wonderful for those who are starting or have just started to make their first dress. They are also a very good resource for those who wish to improve their dressmaking skills. I thought it might be useful to list them here.

I would like to give a big THANK YOU to all the dressmakers patient and kind enough to write down their process. I know they saved me many years of research!

Basic dressmaking/construction guides:
Anita Moyes Dancing on Eire dressmaking guide
Alwen Garden Earthly Delights
Colleens of Canberra Some considerations before making an ID dress

Patterns with instructions:
Pat from Irish Threads
Susan Gowin at Feisdress

Construction issues:
Diary of a daft dressmaker -Part 1
Diary of a daft dressmaker -Part 2
Diary of a daft dressmaker -Part 3

Ask all your questions on:
Celtic Flame Dressmaker's Board
FAQ-link dressmaker's board

Designs:
Colleens' of Canberra

Small glossary of typical ID fabrics

These are all I can think of right now from the top of my head. If I have missed any, please let me know and I will add them!